1 small onion, diced
1-2 tbsp. ginger root, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tsp. curry powder
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1 1/2 cup Thai Green Curry Sauce of Choice
4 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 - 12 oz. can Rotel (tomatoes, onion & peppers)
1 - 8.8oz. package Ready Made Brown Rice (or 2 cups of prepared brown rice)
Juice of 2 limes
Hot sauce to taste
4 cups fresh baby spinach
5 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1. In a large pot, add olive over medium heat.
2. Add in onions, ginger, and garlic to pot.
3. Stir and cook until slightly caramelized.
4. Add in bell peppers and cook through.
5. Remove mixture from pot and place in bowl. Set aside.
6. Add a touch more oil to the pan.
7. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt, pepper, and curry. Toss to coat.
8. Add shrimp to pan and cook just for a minute for two on each side.
9. Add vegetable mixture back in with shrimp.
10. Add broth, Thai Green Curry Sauce, canned tomatoes (undrained), fish sauce, brown rice. and lime juice.
11. Stir in spinach and cilantro. Taste - add hot sauce (optional).
12. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
13. Remove from heat.
14. Serve with sliced green onions on top.